A sneak peek was released August 31, highlighting the top 25 market-rate providers, as well as a few key findings:
- Growth in 2014 happened primarily through expansions and affiliations/mergers
- Roughly 70% of the LZ 150 plan to expand or reposition an existing community in 2015/2016
- Affordable housing offered by the LZ 150 rose by 3,000 units (to 73,000 total)
- Nearly one-third (a 7% increase) of LZ 150 providers reported they belong to an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) or Bundled Payment contract
- Approximately half offer some kind of home or community-based services option.
The full report releases this fall and is free to any interested party. PDF versions will be available at both the Ziegler and Leading Age websites.
Source: Ziegler. THE 2015 LEADINGAGE ZIEGLER 150: A SNEAK PEAK